Thursday, August 02, 2007

Mcleods daughters

yes, I'm addicted. I just am. They showed Seasons 1-3 on the We channel a few years back and now I've been catching the current season.

I've just got to rant.

If Mcleods daughters was to be taken seriously, then the crime rate in Australia must be out of this world. A few episodes ago the girls were kidnapped when they knocked on a farmers door in order to get water for their overheated radiator. Last week Rose fell and is now in a wheelchair and should walk after a lot of rehab (and in this episode tries to kill herself due to not wanting to live without walking). The week before that Rose narrowly escaped being date raped after being given a drug. The preview for next week shows Rose being held hostage at Drovers Run while some random guys search the house.

These episodes are 4 in a row. (kidnapped, date rape, accident, hostage). I can swallow all of this happening over maybe 1 season, but 4 in a row? Come on! seriously!

What happened to this show being about relationships? Family and romantic.

I still like the show, but am just finding it a bit hard to swallow at the moment.

No comments: