Friday, November 30, 2007

Question

should we buy more sheep?

Are 2 enough?

I think the thing that is really bothering me is the fact that these are Cormo's are excellent sheep and the price is 50% of what we would normally pay.

Do I want to feed them all winter...

Do we want to sell Bertha and Lucky? (The goats) That would give us more pasture, and Dad would probably feed the sheep since the pasture is so close.

I'm also a little nervous because I don't know all that much about sheep care. They need hoof trimming like horses. I've never done that. Also, is it expensive?

So many costs!

Also, do I want to pay $8 each for shearing of more sheep.

Maybe I can get a deal. But would I be getting in over my head?

These are the thoughts I'm consumed with right now.

Oh, and I've figured out I'm not feeding the chickens enough. so egg production is down to 1 egg a day. I've increased feed. If I don't see an increase in egg production, I'm decreasing it again. Not starving them, just decreasing it because they don't need to eat as much if they are not laying an egg every day.

anyway, I love all the animals around here. The kids love the sheep. Charlie (the fixed sheep) is so nice! Callie (the female) just follows him around.

I've also decided to stop obsessing about a spinning wheel. I don't really need one. I mean, my spindle is working just fine right now. I don't need to spend at least $400 on a spinning wheel at this point in my life. (unless I find a used one close by and for a good price) :)

No comments: