Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Remind me

Remind me never to obsess about something over and over and then expect people to not know what the big mysterious gift coming is.

:)

I guess I should have realized. I also mentioned the mystery to another of my sisters and she was like, "oh, you're getting a spinning wheel?".

Yeah, no surprise. Oh well. :)

So yeah, I'm getting a spinning wheel for Christmas. A Majacraft Suzie Pro. It has to come all the way from New Zealand so most likely won't be here for Christmas since I ordered it on the 12th or sometime around there. It probably won't even ship until today. I was hoping for a tracking number, but most likely won't get it. I ordered it from my local yarn shop/sheep farmer (support your local farmer!), and it will be shipping to them, and I'll be picking it up from there.

Anyway, in family news Mom and Dad keep trying to freak me out by saying their mission call could come by early Feb and they would leave soon after that. Really, its exciting. The reason I'm freaking out is that by virtue of living next door to them, as soon as they leave we are responsible for feeding the 2 goats and making sure their pipes don't freeze (whoa, how will we do that? They heat by a fireplace and oil furnace. Oil is expensive... sorry, tangent) and we still haven't figured out who will pay their bills, or how it will be done.

It is exciting. Really. I'm really pleased that they are going on their mission. I hope they get a call that uses their skills. Dad is a bit of a jack of all trades, and Mom can play a mean piano, and anything musical, as well as great management skills. I know that wherever they get called, they will love it.

so change of subject.

Christmas is a little wierd to me this year. I know exactly what I'm getting. I even chose my stocking present. A clover needle felting tool! Purchased from my local yarn shop!

On one hand its great! I know what I'm getting and I'm loving what I'm getting. On the other hand, there isn't the normal Christmas excitement or something. there is an element missing somehow. I haven't decided if thats bad yet. :)

Just to explain - this year we decided to tell each other what we wanted. Hubby has a birthday near Christmas as well and we decided that he would tell me what he wanted there as well. The weird part was that he didn't even tell me. He just went shopping a couple of times on his lunch hour and bought some new clothes. I argued that he needed them, so they didn't count and he said they counted. So... I guess they do.

So that is the weird part. I didn't even have a hand in getting him a gift. Weird.

And his stocking. I was going to fill it with gag gifts from the dollar store, and maybe a few things from the regular store ($10 doesn't go far) and then he said don't bother. I'd rather have some nice chocolate. But then he says he's going to buy a new baseball hat for a bowl game he is going to and I told him that at ~$21 that could be his stocking gift.

So yeah, this Christmas is a little weird this year.

No comments: