Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Garage Sale Saturday!

I'm nowhere near ready for the garage sale on Saturday.

About 3 months ago I had a brilliant idea that our subdivision should have a garage sale. Since I was the one pushing the idea, they put me in charge. So while cleaning out my closets, I've also been in charge of placing ads, posting signs, and on Saturday I'll have to put signs up at all the major cross streets.

Just thinking about it makes me tired.

I still have to do so much stuff. I haven't priced a thing, and I've still got a few more drawers left to go through.

I also wanted to have a lot of baked goods to sell. I need a list!

- go through drawers in bedroom
- get a babysitter
- find out if a goodwill truck will come by afterwards
- Make signs and arrange for hubby to help me put them up
- buy donuts and drinks to sell the day of
- make a lot of baked items to sell the day of
- price stuff

Is that all? And its already Wednesday! Ugh

My Dad is planning on bringing more stuff over tomorrow night.

I'm tired!

I think part of the problem is that since the weekend I haven't been able to drag myself to bed before 11. I need to go to bed!

Oh well.

You know what's strange about this whole garage sale thing?

Growing up my Dad worked for the DI as a production manager. He retired about 4 years ago and has worked a couple jobs since, waiting for my Mom to reach retirement age in about 2 years. Its nice because he's been able to choose jobs he enjoys.

But the whole time growing up, I thought it was a sin to have a garage sale. I thought you should donate to the DI.

I still am somewhat of that mindset, but I no longer think its a sin if you choose to have a garage sale first. :) I still think its important to donate to the DI, so most likely will have less than 5 garage sales in my lifetime

C has been running a fever on and off all day. Her body is a little different in that instead of just getting sick sometimes, She just gets a fever and fights the germ off. I'm not sure what she has now, but am sure it came from nursery. I hope she sleeps well and feels better tomorrow. I hate seeing her sick. She starts wanting to be cuddled and not wanting to play. I love the cuddling, but it gets a little tiresome when I'm breast-feeding the baby. For some reason it really bothers me to be breastfeeding, and then have C crawl all over me and pull on me. Only 4 more months or so.

Well I'm going to bed now. I've discovered when I post late at night, or in the middle of the night :) I sound stupid. I read my posts the next morning and the thoughts don't sound completed and in some cases what I thought I said, isn't what I said.

Oh well.

Lately I've become overly concerned about how many people read my blog. I guess it's part of the evolution of blogging. Actually I think I just wanted to know how many people thought that picture of my hubby was as funny as I did. :) But I've decided that I've got to get back to the mind-set of "I don't care if anyone reads this". This writing has to be for me. I need to have a place where I can think through things and vent if needed. And I think I enjoyed writing more.

So Me, this is your lecture! Just write! Don't be overly concerned about anyone who might venture onto this page.

No comments: