Friday, March 18, 2005

Why

Why does potty training have to be so hard? I've spent the last day and a half of my life sitting with my 2 year old in the bathroom. Her on the potty, me on the edge of the tub. So far the only thing that has happened is that I've been discouraged and brought to tears. She has been very sweet and cooperative. Except for the using the potty part. So far nothing in that dang potty chair, and She's spent a good 10 hours on the thing. Been pushing lots of fluids, and lots of salty foods so that she'll want more. Tonight, She sat on it from around 6 until after 11 (when she finally was to the point where she was tired and wanted to go to bed. Before that she was willing to sit on the chair and watch the wiggles in order to stay up) I was ready to go to bed around 9, and am currently wasting time until I'm sure she is asleep.

The baby woke up around 11, and I'm sure she'll be up again around 3. For the last few nights she's been back to only waking up once. That is nice, and I hope that it continues. Typically they don't backslide, right? She started out only waking up once a night, and occasionally slept through the entire night. When she started waking up 2x a night I was doing ok, but as it continues, I get worn down and hubby really doesn't understand it. He doesn't know why I'm more tired and have less patience. Get this, the other day she woke up right after I got her down again. It was the weekend so I woke him up and asked him to pat her on the back and she would likely fall asleep again. Well it took about 10 minutes, and he did have to get her up and pat her on the back to get her back to sleep. Well this one instance and the next day hubby was cranky and tired. Yeah there bucko, it can make you tired when you don't get to sleep 8 hours straight. I really would love for him to just say Thanks (sincerly, not just in passing) or even how much he appreciates me doing that. Lately I've been very tempted to just say "you know what? Lets trade places" I would totally love to go back to work just for a week and let him realize how hard it is to take care of 2 kids, try and keep the house clean, make every meal, with a nice meal for dinner. And find time for making out with him :) and time for things I want to and like to do. I am lucky in that I usually can get the kids down for naps at the same time for 2-3 hours. So I have that time. The dilemma is what to do with that time. I would like to spend that time on me. But when I do that, the house never gets cleaned well. With the kids up, I can do about 30-40 min of cleaning in the morning before A gets tired of watching and wants attention and to be held or fed or something. She is getting somewhat better, but to look at my house, you couldn't tell. I hate living in this pig stye. I want to keep it clean but who has the time with a husband and two year old to cook and clean for, and a baby to take care of. I feel like I'm burning the candle at two ends. Now hubby does do things around the house. He does the trash, and general maintenance things. He likes to vacuum. But the things that really need doing are a deep clean of the kitchen, bathrooms, kids rooms.... etc. I think what I need is a really deep spring cleaning....at least once a month. I definately need a total house reorganization. The clutter is driving me mad. I guess I feel so overwhelmed with everything that I have kind of given up in a way and am just in survival mode. I hate this. I just want one day where I don't have the kids and I can clean the house. Then another day where I don't have the kids and can just organize, but that would take about a week worth of those days. And since I'm breast feeding the baby I'm really limited to what can be done in reality.

I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: