Friday, February 15, 2008

oh wow

So I have had a real problem with dry skin all over my hands this year. I think it may have something to do with taking care of animals at cold temps. Or maybe its just being outside more. Who knows. I just know I've had to use a lot more lotion that normal. I've been really using Mary Kay's Santin Hands Hand Cream. We all know that Cream is much better for your hands than lotion. But anyway. This cream came as part of my satin hands hand kit. It has this way cool kit that totally makes your hands feel like satin.

Step one is called Extra Emollient Night Cream. This is a heavy greasy feeling but nicely scented substance. The next step is Buffing Cream that is blue and has some grit in it to help get all the dead skin off. After this you use Cleansing Gel which I'm not sure if its just supposed to clean all the other stuff off of your hands or if it is supposed to clean your skin extra well. Next comes the Hand Cream. After all of this your hands feel SO good. They are so soft.

But the problem I was running into this year was that my thumb knuckles just didn't seem to take the moisture at all. They were ROUGH.

And life went on and I forgot to moisturize with just eh hand cream often enough and last night it was just awful. I was looking at my hands and noticed that some of my other knuckles were starting to have sections of skin split. I've never had something that extreme happen and didn't know if cream would be enough.

So I tried putting on just the Extra Emollient Night Cream last night just before I hopped into bed. I thought, 'hey, that is what the label says, right?'.

Anyway, I am happy to report that my hands this morning are impressive. They feel so much better!

So go check it out. I highly recommend Mary Kay's Satin Hands line. Especially the kit. Its AWESOME! Go find a Consultant!

No comments: