Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day

We celebrated half heartedly. As my husband said last night, 'I don't need a holiday to tell you how much I love you'. Awww. He is pretty sweet.

On the spur of the moment I made cupcakes and the kids and I went over and shared them with Grandma. I saved some cupcake batter and I had more in the oven as hubby came home. That must have inspired him because he decided to make our favorite sweet and sour chicken for dinner. And he wouldn't tell me what he was making. So that was a yummy surprise.

All in all it was a nice day.

C got to have her first Valentines day celebration with kids at Preschool. It sounded like they had a pretty fun party.

Preschool has been a great decision for her. She can read words like A, At, An, My, the, see, and more than I can remember right now. She's progressing very nicely. She should be reading really well by the end of the year, and hopefully I can work with her over the summer. I'm excited for where she'll be in kindergarten. But I am sad to think of her in kindergarten all day (or half day?). I'm going to miss her helpfulness. Hopefully A will mature a bit more in that way.

No comments: